Electro-Mechanical Field Service Engineer
We are currently recruiting for an electro-mechanical field service engineer to join our well-established family business.
You will be predominantly working on automated equipment, nationwide, at customers sites carrying out planned, reactive maintenance, installation and repair tasks to Gate & Barrier and DHF standards. You will be mainly based from home, working Mon-Fri with occasional overnights stays. A small amount of unsociable hours will be required. You will be provided with a company van.
Hold a current driving license.
Hold a current British Passport.
Work well alone or as part of a team.
Be computer literate including email, office applications and general Windows features.
Be a positive, self-motivated, proactive individual with the ability to operate effectively under pressure to rapidly changing circumstances.
Have good communication skills with the ability to build successful working relationship with customers and colleagues and be well organised and self-disciplined.
The role involves the installation, repair, servicing and maintaining of the following automated industrial equipment: –
- Sliding and folding gates
- Parking barriers
- Full and half height turnstiles
- Road-blockers and bollards
Key Elements of the Job
- Electro-mechanical maintenance and installation engineer, experience to include 17th edition & minimum 3 years time served preferably within the security industry. Mechanically oriented person
- Electrical engineering experience.
- Full, Clean UK Driving License is essential.
- Experience of fault diagnosis and repair to component level.
- Able to assess, quantify and record new works/repairs and modifications to equipment that may be needed.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety regulations.
- Be involved in project engineering, assembly, installation and commissioning of new equipment
- Ideally possess a working knowledge of hydraulic & air systems.
- Be able to read semi-complex diagrams & trouble shoot working systems.
- Install & repairs electrical conduit, cables, piping, tubing including all necessary connections, controls & grounding as directed.
- A knowledge of PLC programming would be an advantage as would being able to read semi-complex diagrams.
- Ideally you should have proven experience as a Field Service engineer, a good telephone manner and the ability to provide Technical Support customers over the telephone.
- DHF training would be an advantage but not essential, training will be provided.
- Be actively involved with operations and maintenance support at Customers’ premises.
- Enthusiastic, inquisitive, self-motivated, with practical skills and able to work singularly and as part of a team in a small company environment.
Authority & Responsibilities
- Responsible for repairing, maintaining and installing a large range of access control equipment i.e. automated gates, vehicle barriers, turnstiles, road blockers and bollards.
- You will be responsible for maintenance of all types of A/C and D/C electrical equipment, gearboxes, pumps, valves, drives & all allied mechanical equipment.
- Dismantling, repairs & re-assembly of electrical motors, relays, timers & all allied electrical equipment.
- Attend site surveys for new and current customers.
- To provide first line response to emergencies during normal working hours and a small amount of out of hours calls when on call.
- The job involves working away from home for one or two days on a regular basis.
- Ongoing accreditation and retraining in the Health & Safety field with DHF and CCNSG Passport to safety accreditation
- Have the desire to learn and continually improve your knowledge.
- Available to work out of hours on a rota basis.
Implementation of Company Policies.
- To maintain the good name of the Company and to implement any/all relevant policy requirements by this company or customers special requirements
- All successful applicants will be checked/vetted by various security organisations, by ourselves and by our customers. You must fulfil our security criteria i.e. no criminal record and be a United Kingdom Citizen. There will also be previous employment checks
- This role is for a full-time position with a 6 month probation period and includes the following:
- Company Van and fuel card provided (full UK driving license required)
- Clothing and PPE
- Mobile Phone.
- 28 days paid holiday (includes bank holidays).
- Competitive salary starting at 25K per annum plus overtime (depending on skills and experience).
- Monday – Friday, 8.00 am – 5.00 pm with out-of-hours on a rota basis.
Please email Ernie Berry email@example.com with your current CV and any information you feel may be pertinent to your application or ring 0115 9635117 for an informal conversation.
You must be logged in to post a comment.